“Deep Water” takes Deadwood from good to great in only its second episode, most notably for the superb way it makes use of its supporting cast. “Supporting” is probably a misnomer. While the show’s central conflict is still being framed as Bullock vs Swearengen, the fact of the matter is that Deadwood‘s a thoroughgoing ensemble piece. It’s difficult for any series to balance a cast of this size but what’s remarkable about this one is that it pulls off the balancing act with such BIG characters; for all the show’s grit and realism, there’s something epic about the personalities clashing here. Much of the credit for making this work needs to go to the show’s cast, and this week’s honours belong to Robin Weigert. Continue reading
- I’ve been unreasonable… because I’ve lost all reason
- Why Can’t You Just Masturbate Like the Rest of Us?
- We ain't gotta dream no more, man
- This ain't Aruba, bitch
- Well, it’s almost like you’re my father-in-law, isn’t it?
- Is that it? Am I done?
- Final Thoughts - Buffy Season Seven
- You're Not Part of the Solution, Lindsey
- I'm Agent Ford, this is Agent... Hamill
- You can't be a killer and a hero. It doesn't work like that!
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars