“Damage” is yet another stellar outing for season five, one that somehow delivers a continuity-laden monster-of-the-week story. The episode succeeds because, much as it delves into this universe’s mythology, it never really leans on it. Seeing some of the repercussions from Buffy’s finale is pretty great, but the story works even if you’d never seen BtVS. It does this, as always, by keeping the focus on the characters. For all of season five’s alleged episodic nature, stories like this one drill home the fact that these people are still on a journey.
- I’m a Wounded Dwarf with the Mystical Strength of a Doily
- You're Not Part of the Solution
- And then he dropped the bracelets
- DVD Review: The Simpsons – Season 5
- The Hobo Code
- Why couldn’t it have been mono or herpes?
- It's about saving souls!
- Why Can’t You Just Masturbate Like the Rest of Us?
- If animal trapped call 410-844-6286
- The Knights of Summer
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars