“Damage” is yet another stellar outing for season five, one that somehow delivers a continuity-laden monster-of-the-week story. The episode succeeds because, much as it delves into this universe’s mythology, it never really leans on it. Seeing some of the repercussions from Buffy’s finale is pretty great, but the story works even if you’d never seen BtVS. It does this, as always, by keeping the focus on the characters. For all of season five’s alleged episodic nature, stories like this one drill home the fact that these people are still on a journey.
- You Know You Gave Me an Evil Hand, Right?
- Nixon vs. Kennedy
- I Hate This Smallball Crap
- It’s a Wedding, Honey. We’re All Bored
- Look Out. The Monkey’s Thinkin’ Again
- Final Thoughts - Angel Season Four
- No law at all in Deadwood... is that true?
- Serve no master but your own ambition
- They used to make steel there, no?
- I still wake up white in a city that ain't
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars