“Smile Time” is one of those rare episodes that I love more each time I see it. That’s somewhat easier to account for this time around as I now have a daughter and am more familiar with children’s programming. There was always something hilarious in demonic puppets but, having now recently re-experienced the mind numbing wholesomeness, the satire feels far more poignant. And it’s not just the evil of Polo and his crew, this episode deserves big props for twisting the tropes of children’s programming and Angels world together at every opportunity. This may well be the best bit of genre bending we’ve ever seen from the Whedonverse and that’s really saying something. Continue reading
- You Know You Gave Me an Evil Hand, Right?
- Nixon vs. Kennedy
- I Hate This Smallball Crap
- It’s a Wedding, Honey. We’re All Bored
- Look Out. The Monkey’s Thinkin’ Again
- Final Thoughts - Angel Season Four
- No law at all in Deadwood... is that true?
- Serve no master but your own ambition
- They used to make steel there, no?
- I still wake up white in a city that ain't
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars