Well, here we are, the last crappy episode of Angel. I tend to Google episodes before writing about them (it’s a good way to gain perspective) and I was shocked to discover that “The Girl in Question” has its defenders. I just don’t get how anyone could like this episode. Having a comedic departure at a time when the series should be building momentum was ill advised to begin with but, if you’re going to do it, don’t forget the “comedic” part. Even if we put aside the bafflingly placement in the season and the equally baffling bait and switch of not getting to see Buffy, we’re still left with an episode where the overwhelming majority of the jokes don’t land. The quality of the Angel & Spike’s bogus journey hovers somewhere around the series’ first season, and that’s just inexcusable at this juncture. Continue reading
- I’ve been unreasonable… because I’ve lost all reason
- Why Can’t You Just Masturbate Like the Rest of Us?
- We ain't gotta dream no more, man
- This ain't Aruba, bitch
- Well, it’s almost like you’re my father-in-law, isn’t it?
- Is that it? Am I done?
- Final Thoughts - Buffy Season Seven
- You're Not Part of the Solution, Lindsey
- I'm Agent Ford, this is Agent... Hamill
- You can't be a killer and a hero. It doesn't work like that!
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars