Much as I enjoy this season, I must admit that Buffys first outing should be reserved for completists. There are certainly some pleasant surprises like Nightmares and Prophecy Girl but there are an equal number of cringe worthy episodes like *shudder* I Robot, You Jane. The season-arc sees Buffy (Sarah Michelle-Gellar) squaring off against The Master (of vampires, played by Mark Metcalf) while trying to also lead the life of a normal teenager. Its nothing that isnt recapped in subsequent years and those new to the show would be better served by starting with Season 2. Continue reading
- I’m the Thing that Monsters Have Nightmares About
- You can't be a killer and a hero. It doesn't work like that!
- DVD Review - Trailer Park Boys: Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys
- A lie ain't a side of the story. It's just a lie.
- It's No Fun if They Don't Cry
- Now THAT'S a Great Story
- I’ve been unreasonable… because I’ve lost all reason
- Heroes don't accept the world for what it is
- And then he dropped the bracelets
- No law at all in Deadwood... is that true?
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars