Much as I enjoy this season, I must admit that Buffys first outing should be reserved for completists. There are certainly some pleasant surprises like Nightmares and Prophecy Girl but there are an equal number of cringe worthy episodes like *shudder* I Robot, You Jane. The season-arc sees Buffy (Sarah Michelle-Gellar) squaring off against The Master (of vampires, played by Mark Metcalf) while trying to also lead the life of a normal teenager. Its nothing that isnt recapped in subsequent years and those new to the show would be better served by starting with Season 2. Continue reading
- I’m a Wounded Dwarf with the Mystical Strength of a Doily
- You're Not Part of the Solution
- And then he dropped the bracelets
- DVD Review: The Simpsons – Season 5
- The Hobo Code
- Why couldn’t it have been mono or herpes?
- It's about saving souls!
- Why Can’t You Just Masturbate Like the Rest of Us?
- If animal trapped call 410-844-6286
- The Knights of Summer
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars