Everyone knows that Dexter features a serial killer who only preys on other killers, but what it’s “about” is much more than that. This series gives us one of the most troubling, complex looks at morality on television and, for my money, the first season does it better than any other. Subsequent years would see improvements in acting, writing, etc., but I dare anyone to find tighter plotting or character development over twelve episodes. Continue reading
- You Know You Gave Me an Evil Hand, Right?
- Nixon vs. Kennedy
- I Hate This Smallball Crap
- It’s a Wedding, Honey. We’re All Bored
- Look Out. The Monkey’s Thinkin’ Again
- Final Thoughts - Angel Season Four
- No law at all in Deadwood... is that true?
- Serve no master but your own ambition
- They used to make steel there, no?
- I still wake up white in a city that ain't
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars