“Ambitious” is the best word to describe Sherlock’s second series. With the writing, acting, and direction all refined in series one, this show could easily have phoned in a B+ each week and called it a day. But the creators clearly weren’t willing to settle for “very good” and aimed for greatness, consistently challenging our understanding of what this show could be. They often fell short of their goals, sometimes due the sheer scope of what they were attempting and sometimes due to their own baffling choices, but they invariably exceeded expectations. “Awesome” is the second best word to describe this series. Continue reading
- You Know You Gave Me an Evil Hand, Right?
- Nixon vs. Kennedy
- I Hate This Smallball Crap
- It’s a Wedding, Honey. We’re All Bored
- Look Out. The Monkey’s Thinkin’ Again
- Final Thoughts - Angel Season Four
- No law at all in Deadwood... is that true?
- Serve no master but your own ambition
- They used to make steel there, no?
- I still wake up white in a city that ain't
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars