“Ambitious” is the best word to describe Sherlock’s second series. With the writing, acting, and direction all refined in series one, this show could easily have phoned in a B+ each week and called it a day. But the creators clearly weren’t willing to settle for “very good” and aimed for greatness, consistently challenging our understanding of what this show could be. They often fell short of their goals, sometimes due the sheer scope of what they were attempting and sometimes due to their own baffling choices, but they invariably exceeded expectations. “Awesome” is the second best word to describe this series. Continue reading
- I’m a Wounded Dwarf with the Mystical Strength of a Doily
- You're Not Part of the Solution
- And then he dropped the bracelets
- DVD Review: The Simpsons – Season 5
- The Hobo Code
- Why couldn’t it have been mono or herpes?
- It's about saving souls!
- Why Can’t You Just Masturbate Like the Rest of Us?
- If animal trapped call 410-844-6286
- The Knights of Summer
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars