“Ambitious” is the best word to describe Sherlock’s second series. With the writing, acting, and direction all refined in series one, this show could easily have phoned in a B+ each week and called it a day. But the creators clearly weren’t willing to settle for “very good” and aimed for greatness, consistently challenging our understanding of what this show could be. They often fell short of their goals, sometimes due the sheer scope of what they were attempting and sometimes due to their own baffling choices, but they invariably exceeded expectations. “Awesome” is the second best word to describe this series. Continue reading
- I’ve been unreasonable… because I’ve lost all reason
- Why Can’t You Just Masturbate Like the Rest of Us?
- We ain't gotta dream no more, man
- This ain't Aruba, bitch
- Well, it’s almost like you’re my father-in-law, isn’t it?
- Is that it? Am I done?
- Final Thoughts - Buffy Season Seven
- You're Not Part of the Solution, Lindsey
- I'm Agent Ford, this is Agent... Hamill
- You can't be a killer and a hero. It doesn't work like that!
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars