I really like “Origin.” That seems somewhat strange considering I’ve always been a fan of (or at least apologist for) Angel’s son and this episode presents a Connor that’s almost unrecognizable. At its worst, Connor’s presto-chango journey to mental health is a complete cheat, a way to avoid dealing with the baggage of season four and write-out an unpopular character to boot. There’s a lot of truth to that but “Origin” proves the series isn’t quite willing to dispense with consequence altogether. The best part of Connor, in my opinion, was his relationship with Angel and this episode is far from an easy out in that respect. Continue reading
- They used to make steel there, no?
- What are you, the narrator?
- You Lost the Mission, Bro
- Bleeding Hearts Have an Ironic Fear of Their Own Blood
- Ain't Love Grand
- Why Can’t You Just Masturbate Like the Rest of Us?
- A Turgid Supernatural Soap Opera
- Guess I better put some pants on
- We ain't gotta dream no more, man
- Final Thoughts - Angel Season Four
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars