I complained during the last trip into Angel’s past that the show doesn’t go to that well often enough. Having now re-watched “The Prodigal,” I’ve changed my mind. Not that this episode isn’t great, it’s among the best yet, but the rarity of these flashbacks helps accentuate their impact. I think it’s no coincidence that both flashback episodes have been Kate-centric; as a new, peripheral, member of the Angel family, she hasn’t yet accepted his past and so it’s made doubly significant. Unlike “Somnambulist,” that past isn’t a direct factor on the events of the present, but it is at the centre of Angel’s motivation. Continue reading
- Final Thoughts - Buffy Season Seven
- You can't be a killer and a hero. It doesn't work like that!
- Do you still believe good soldiers make good kings?
- DVD Review: The Simpsons - Season 8
- We Don’t Like Easy, Do We?
- Did You Know the Devil Built a Robot?
- We ain't gotta dream no more, man
- You Lost the Mission, Bro
- Final Thoughts - Angel Season Four
- No law at all in Deadwood... is that true?
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars