Spike’s slice of “Not Fade Away” is probably its most disappointing one. Things are fine as far as they go, and I’m certainly pleased about the way he chose to spend his last day, but there’s not a lot of insight into the character here. That shouldn’t be too much of a surprise; Spike’s arc stumbled once he got his body back, staggered once Lindsey’s deception was revealed, and stalled completely in his bogus journey to Italy. Expecting <1/8 of an episode fix that is unreasonable. We need to settle for confirmation of what we already knew: much as Spike’s grown, he’s still figuring out who he is. Continue reading
- Is that it? Am I done?
- I Love a Gifty. I Can’t Wait to Unwrap It.
- And then he dropped the bracelets
- Do you still believe good soldiers make good kings?
- Check. No more butt monkey
- I’m Angel. I Beat the Bad Guys
- You gotta do what you can to protect your family
- I Have Been Broken and Humiliated
- They used to make steel there, no?
- If animal trapped call 410-844-6286
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars