Spike’s slice of “Not Fade Away” is probably its most disappointing one. Things are fine as far as they go, and I’m certainly pleased about the way he chose to spend his last day, but there’s not a lot of insight into the character here. That shouldn’t be too much of a surprise; Spike’s arc stumbled once he got his body back, staggered once Lindsey’s deception was revealed, and stalled completely in his bogus journey to Italy. Expecting <1/8 of an episode fix that is unreasonable. We need to settle for confirmation of what we already knew: much as Spike’s grown, he’s still figuring out who he is. Continue reading
- I’m the Thing that Monsters Have Nightmares About
- You can't be a killer and a hero. It doesn't work like that!
- DVD Review - Trailer Park Boys: Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys
- A lie ain't a side of the story. It's just a lie.
- It's No Fun if They Don't Cry
- Now THAT'S a Great Story
- I’ve been unreasonable… because I’ve lost all reason
- Heroes don't accept the world for what it is
- And then he dropped the bracelets
- No law at all in Deadwood... is that true?
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars