Spike’s slice of “Not Fade Away” is probably its most disappointing one. Things are fine as far as they go, and I’m certainly pleased about the way he chose to spend his last day, but there’s not a lot of insight into the character here. That shouldn’t be too much of a surprise; Spike’s arc stumbled once he got his body back, staggered once Lindsey’s deception was revealed, and stalled completely in his bogus journey to Italy. Expecting <1/8 of an episode fix that is unreasonable. We need to settle for confirmation of what we already knew: much as Spike’s grown, he’s still figuring out who he is. Continue reading
- If I hear the music, I’m gonna dance
- Yeah, back off Betty
- Final Thoughts - Buffy Season Seven
- The Hobo Code
- God still doesn’t want you… but I do
- Is There Something I Can Do?
- I Killed My Brother... I Killed Yours Too
- Why Can’t You Just Masturbate Like the Rest of Us?
- They used to make steel there, no?
- Do you still believe good soldiers make good kings?
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars