I remember watching “Superstar” for the first time in a university common room. The usual Buffy-crowd was there and at the end of the opening credits, there was a moment of stunned silence followed by someone muttering “what the fuck was that?” You’d think that after almost four years of consistently having our expectations thwarted that we’d have been better prepared for such a curve ball, but the subversion of “Superstar” is something new. After almost four years of genre-bending, Buffy had, inevitably, developed its own conventions. Much of season four has been about challenging these (with mixed results), but this is the first episode to actually push us out of the Buffy universe. Continue reading
- They used to make steel there, no?
- What are you, the narrator?
- You Lost the Mission, Bro
- Bleeding Hearts Have an Ironic Fear of Their Own Blood
- Ain't Love Grand
- Why Can’t You Just Masturbate Like the Rest of Us?
- A Turgid Supernatural Soap Opera
- Guess I better put some pants on
- We ain't gotta dream no more, man
- Final Thoughts - Angel Season Four
- DVD Review
- Film Review
- Guest Author
- Television Review
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- The Walking Dead
- The Wire
- The X-Files
- True Blood
- Veronica Mars